Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
Northwest Flower & Garden Show
Plant These For Bees Poster
Claire’s Pollinator Garden
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Web Site Badge
Ladew Topiary gardens
- Rolling in the Blackberries
- Plant Lust- 8 Must Haves
- Nectar in a Pot-Movable Feast
- Lawn Alternatives-Moss, Sedge, and Creeping Thyme
- Echibeckia??? Black Eyed Susan/Coneflower Cross
- African Blue Basil and Basil Downy Mildew
- Plant Geek Alert-Pink Zazzle Gomphrena
- Farmer Florist-My Luscious Backyard
- Bee Counted
- Deutzia-Retro Shrub
Blogs I Love!
- 220,000 hits
Blogs I Follow
Search for a topic
Toronto Garden Blogger’s Fling
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Containers With Pizazz ! Not Your Ordinary Container!
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Swarming of the Bees - It is That Time of Year Again!
- Miniature Gardens - Whimsical Creations
- From the Ground Up - Choosing the Right Ground Cover for Shade
- Upcoming Events
- Luscious Honey-Scented Body Butter
- Decorating the White House for Christmas-Part 1
- Outdoor Fairy Garden- Go Wild!
- Happy Gnoming!-Home for a Gnome
Great Garden Speakers
Best of Houzz 2015
- Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping bee pollination Beeswax Berry cannas Christmas Christmas decorating Christmas tree coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container Container gardening drip irrigation edible flowers Fairy fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Fall color Federated Garden Clubs fillers Flower Flower Show Food Garden gardening gnome home Goat cheese great sunflower project Halloween Hampton National Historic Site heart space hellebores deer resistant Heuchera Holiday Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Horticulture hostas hypertufa indoor gardening Labyrinth miniature gardens Mulch Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Philadelphia Flower Show Plant pollinators Pumpkin Queen bee rain barrels seasonal containers Seed Shopping Shrub spillers succulent succulents Sunflower Swarming (honey bee) Sweet potato terrariums thrillers Tomato Tree United States Vincent van Gogh Wreath
Member Garden Writers Association
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: black crape myrtle
Black is the new green. I am convinced of that after seeing a new ‘Black Diamond’ Crape Myrtle. I have done posts on black plants before, most notably https://thegardendiaries.wordpress.com/2012/06/30/50-shades-of-black/ and you could have an entire garden of black flowers and plants … Continue reading