Search for a topic
Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
Plant These For Bees Poster
Claire’s Pollinator Garden
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge
Federated Garden Clubs of MD member
National Garden Club member
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Link to my web site
Best of Houzz 2016
Best of Houzz 2015
- Some Like It Hot-Tomatoes Do Not!
- The Monarch Diaries-Adult (Part 3)
- The Monarch Diaries-Caterpillar (Part 2)
- The Monarch Diaries-Rearing Monarchs Egg to Adult (Part 1)
- Easy Tomato Tart
- Rearing Monarchs – Start With Milkweed
- From Plot to Plate-Squash Sex in the Garden
- Squash Birth Control- Squash Blossom Recipes
- Healthy Fruit-Infused Water
Northwest Flower & Garden Show
- 359,992 hits
Toronto Garden Blogger’s Fling 2015
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Luscious Honey-Scented Body Butter
- Containers With Pizazz ! Not Your Ordinary Container!
- Swarming of the Bees - It is That Time of Year Again!
- Plant Geek Alert-Pink Zazzle Gomphrena
- From the Ground Up - Choosing the Right Ground Cover for Shade
- Plant These For The Bees
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Deutzia-Retro Shrub
- Amistad-Salvia on Steroids
- Help! What Can I Plant Besides Impatiens???? Some Alternatives
Featured on Houzz
Great Garden Speakers
Featured on Houzz
- Agastache Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping bee pollination Beeswax cannas Christmas Christmas at White House Christmas decorating coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container gardening Decorating for Christmas Decorating for Christmas at the White House drip irrigation edible flowers extracting honey Fairy fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Fall color Federated Garden Clubs fillers Flower Flower Show Garden gardening gnome home Hampton National Historic Site hellebores hellebores deer resistant Heuchera Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Horticulture hostas hypertufa indoor gardening Labyrinth milkweed miniature gardening miniature gardens monarch butterflies monarchs monarch way station Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Philadelphia Flower Show Plant plant these for bees poster Pollination pollinators Pumpkin Queen bee rain barrels seasonal containers Seed Shopping Shrub spillers succulents Swarming (honey bee) terrariums thrillers Tree United States Vincent van Gogh Volunteers at the White House White House Christmas
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: black crape myrtle
Black is the new green. I am convinced of that after seeing a new ‘Black Diamond’ Crape Myrtle. I have done posts on black plants before, most notably https://thegardendiaries.wordpress.com/2012/06/30/50-shades-of-black/ and you could have an entire garden of black flowers and plants … Continue reading