Search for a topic
Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
Plant These For Bees Poster
Claire’s Pollinator Garden
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge
Federated Garden Clubs of MD member
National Garden Club member
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Link to my web site
Best of Houzz 2017
Best of Houzz 2016
Best of Houzz 2015
- Amaryllis For Years to Come
- Illuminating The Season in Colonial Williamsburg
- Decorating the White House- Past and Present
- Holly Love-The Art of Wreath Making at McLean Nursery
- Winter Squash Roundup with the Best Soup Recipe Ever
- Christmas Wreath-Ordinary to Extraordinary
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Deck the Halls-Homemade Decorating for the Holidays
- Bulbs in Pots-Portable Containers for Spring
- Succulent Pumpkins for the Fall
Northwest Flower & Garden Show
- 382,303 hits
Toronto Garden Blogger’s Fling 2015
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Containers With Pizazz ! Not Your Ordinary Container!
- Luscious Honey-Scented Body Butter
- From the Ground Up - Choosing the Right Ground Cover for Shade
- Plant These For The Bees
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Top 12 Garden Trends for 2014
- Swarming of the Bees - It is That Time of Year Again!
- Help! What Can I Plant Besides Impatiens???? Some Alternatives
- Black Crepe Myrtles?
- Rain Barrel Eye Candy
Featured on Houzz
Great Garden Speakers
Featured on Houzz
- Agastache Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping bee pollination Beeswax cannas Christmas Christmas at White House Christmas decorating coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container Container gardening Decorating for Christmas Decorating for Christmas at the White House drip irrigation edible flowers extracting honey Fairy fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Federated Garden Clubs fillers Flower Flower Show Garden gardening gnome home Hampton National Historic Site hellebores Heuchera Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Horticulture hostas hypertufa Labyrinth lavender milkweed miniature gardening miniature gardens monarch butterflies monarchs monarch way station Philadelphia Flower Show Plant plant these for bees poster Pollination pollinators Pumpkin Queen bee rain barrels seasonal containers Seed Shrub spillers succulent succulents terrariums Thanksgiving thanksgiving centerpiece thrillers Tree Vincent van Gogh Volunteers at the White House volunteers at White House White House Christmas Wreath
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: black crape myrtle
Black is the new green. I am convinced of that after seeing a new ‘Black Diamond’ Crape Myrtle. I have done posts on black plants before, most notably https://thegardendiaries.wordpress.com/2012/06/30/50-shades-of-black/ and you could have an entire garden of black flowers and plants … Continue reading