Search for a topic
Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
Northwest Flower & Garden Show
Plant These For Bees Poster
Claire’s Pollinator Garden
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge
Federated Garden Clubs of MD member
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Web Site Badge
- Grand Entrance-Decorate for the Holidays
- Amaryllis Primer
- Allium-Bulb of the Year 2016
- Pumpkin Treats-Decorating with Succulents
- Plant Oddity – Pumpkin On A Stick
- Moth Tongues and Orchids-Darwin’s Prediction Came True
- Honey-Eternal Shelf Life & Other Amazing Facts
- Floating Beauties
- Winter Savory-A Keeper!
- Gourdzilla!! Growing Champion Pumpkins
Blogs I Love!
- 246,345 hits
Blogs I Follow
Toronto Garden Blogger’s Fling
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Luscious Honey-Scented Body Butter
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Plant These For The Bees
- Containers With Pizazz ! Not Your Ordinary Container!
- A Deluge of Boxwood -The Ultimate Green for Christmas
- Stand Out From the Crowd - Fresh Green Entrance Accents
- Miniature Christmas Garden Craze
- Miniature Gardens - Whimsical Creations
- Amistad-Salvia on Steroids
Featured on Houzz
Great Garden Speakers
Featured on Houzz
Best of Houzz 2015
- Agastache Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping bee pollination Beeswax Berry cannas Christmas Christmas decorating coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container Container gardening drip irrigation edible flowers extracting honey Fairy fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Fall color Federated Garden Clubs fillers Flower Flower Show Food Garden gardening gnome home Goat cheese great sunflower project Halloween Hampton National Historic Site hellebores hellebores deer resistant Heuchera Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Honey extraction Horticulture hostas hypertufa indoor gardening Labyrinth miniature gardens Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Philadelphia Flower Show Plant pollinators Pumpkin Queen bee rain barrels seasonal containers Seed Shopping Shrub spillers succulent succulents Sunflower Swarming (honey bee) Sweet potato terrariums thrillers Tomato Tree United States Vincent van Gogh Wax
Member Garden Writers Association
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: black crape myrtle
Black is the new green. I am convinced of that after seeing a new ‘Black Diamond’ Crape Myrtle. I have done posts on black plants before, most notably https://thegardendiaries.wordpress.com/2012/06/30/50-shades-of-black/ and you could have an entire garden of black flowers and plants … Continue reading