Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
Northwest Flower & Garden Show
Plant These For Bees Poster
Claire’s Pollinator Garden
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Web Site Badge
Ladew Topiary gardens
Blogs I Love!
- 212,215 hits
July 2015 M T W T F S S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Blogs I Follow
Search for a topic
Toronto Garden Blogger’s Fling
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Dance With Bees-Honey Bee Communication
- Swarming of the Bees - It is That Time of Year Again!
- Outdoor Fairy Garden- Go Wild!
- Containers With Pizazz ! Not Your Ordinary Container!
- Miniature Gardens - Whimsical Creations
- Amistad-Salvia on Steroids
- From the Ground Up - Choosing the Right Ground Cover for Shade
- Plant These For The Bees
- Happy Gnoming!-Home for a Gnome
Great Garden Speakers
Best of Houzz 2015
- Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping bee pollination Beeswax Berry cannas Christmas Christmas decorating Christmas tree coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container Container gardening drip irrigation edible flowers Fairy fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Fall color Federated Garden Clubs fillers Flower Flower Show Food Garden gardening gnome home Goat cheese great sunflower project Halloween Hampton National Historic Site hellebores deer resistant Heuchera Holiday Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Horticulture hostas hypertufa indoor gardening Labyrinth miniature gardens Mulch Olive oil Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Philadelphia Flower Show Plant pollinators Pumpkin Queen bee rain barrels seasonal containers Seed Shopping Shrub spillers succulent succulents Sunflower Swarming (honey bee) Sweet potato terrariums thrillers Tomato Tree United States Vincent van Gogh Wreath
Member Garden Writers Association
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Author Archives: thegardendiaries
Pink Zazzle Gomphrena is a unique garden worthy plant that will add loads of color to the edge of the border and last for months as a dried flower for fall and winter arrangments. Continue reading
Sarah Nixon of ‘My Luscious Backyard’ in Toronto, made a compelling demonstration that you can grow your own flowers and foliage to make your one-of-a-kind floral arrangements with very little space and time. Continue reading
Drum roll please!……..It is National Pollinator Week starting today and you need to start counting those bees. Go to my post Pollinator Week to see the drill, but it is real simple. Name the flower, and then do a quick count, … Continue reading
Deutzia is an old-fashioned shrub that has been re-packaged into a much smaller beautiful shrub for smaller landscapes and containers. Continue reading
A presidential task force has been created to study the plight of bees, both native and non-native bees, and other insect pollinators. Go to The Great Sunflower Project to get more information on how to help out the bees. Continue reading
Videos of bees swarming is incredible. the whole process takes about 20 minutes. Continue reading
Impatiens are an old shade standb for color in the shade. But a fungal infection has decimated this popular plant and people are wondering what to plant in its place. Continue reading
Swarming is a natural process for bees to reproduce but beekeepers are always trying to prevent this because they won’t get the extra honey production for the year. Continue reading
Alliums or Ornamental Onions are an under-used and unappreciated perennial that should be planted more Continue reading