Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
Northwest Flower & Garden Show
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Web Site Badge
Ladew Topiary gardens
- Miniature Christmas Garden Craze
- Decorating “The Palace in the Woods”, Hampton Mansion
- Deck the Halls – A Succulent Christmas
- Poinsettia – History and Legends
- Centerpiece Ideas for Thanksgiving
- Crimson Poppies at The Tower of London
- Autumn’s Colors
- Plant Oddity – Pumpkin On A Stick
- Gourdzilla!! Giant Pumpkin Shenanigans
- Pumpkin Eye Candy
Blogs I Love!
- 147,236 hits
Blogs I Follow
Search for a topic
Toronto Garden Blogger’s Fling
Garden Bloggers Fling 2014
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Luscious Honey-Scented Body Butter
- Decorating the White House for Christmas-Part 1
- Top 12 Garden Trends for 2014
- Plant Geek Alert
- The Realm of Fairy- Creating Fairy Gardens
- A Deluge of Boxwood -The Ultimate Green for Christmas
- Christmas at the White House-Part 2
- Containers With Pizazz ! Not Your Ordinary Container!
- Plant Geek Alert-Pink Zazzle Gomphrena
Great Garden Speakers
Some Pig Web
- Agastache Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping Beeswax Berry cannas Christmas Christmas at Hampton coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container gardening Cook decorating with succulents drip irrigation edible flowers extracting honey Fairy fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Fall color fall foliage Federated Garden Clubs fillers Flower Food Garden gardening gnome home Goat cheese Halloween Hampton National Historic Site heart space hellebores deer resistant Heuchera Holiday Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Horticulture indoor gardening Labyrinth landscaping miniature gardens Olive oil Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Philadelphia Flower Show Plant poisonous plants pollinators Pumpkin Queen bee seasonal containers Seed Shopping Shrub Soil spillers succulent Succulent plant succulents Sweet potato terrariums Thanksgiving thrillers Tomato Tree United States Vincent van Gogh Wreath
Member Garden Writers Association
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Tag Archives: black crape myrtle
Black is the new green. I am convinced of that after seeing a new ‘Black Diamond’ Crape Myrtle. I have done posts on black plants before, most notably http://thegardendiaries.wordpress.com/2012/06/30/50-shades-of-black/ and you could have an entire garden of black flowers and plants … Continue reading