Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Web Site Badge
Ladew Topiary gardens
Blogs I Love!
- The Garden Diaries
- CAROLYN'S SHADE GARDENS
- Putney Farm
- Mason Bee Blog
- Potted Plant Society
- Garden Variety
- The Whistlepig Post
- WordPress.com News
- Monica Wants To Draw
- Arthur in the garden.
- The Mini Garden Guru - Your Miniature Garden Source
- 129,250 hits
Blogs I Follow
Search for a topic
Garden Bloggers Fling 2014
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Okra - Superfood Superstar
- Pumpkin Treats-Decorating with Succulents
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Succulent Pumpkins for the Fall
- Top 12 Garden Trends for 2014
- Miniature Gardens - Whimsical Creations
- Got Milk........ Weed?
- Plant Geek Alert-Pink Zazzle Gomphrena
- Containers With Pizazz ! Not Your Ordinary Container!
- Spinning Honey
Great Garden Speakers
Some Pig Web
- Agastache Agency EA Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping Beeswax Berry cannas Christmas Christmas decorating Christmas Decorating at Hampton coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container gardening Cook decorating with succulents drip irrigation edible flowers extracting honey fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Fall color fall foliage fillers Flower Food Garden gardening Goat cheese Halloween Hampton Mansion Hampton National Historic Site heart space hellebores deer resistant Heuchera Holiday Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Horticulture indoor gardening Labyrinth landscaping miniature gardens Olive oil Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Philadelphia Flower Show Plant pollinators Pumpkin Queen bee Red Room seasonal containers Seed Shopping Shrub Soil spillers succulent Succulent plant succulents Sweet potato terrariums thrillers Tomato Tree United States Vincent van Gogh Volunteers at the White House Wreath
Member Garden Writers Association
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Author Archives: Claire Jones
Honey spinning is a big event at my house in the fall. Extracting and bottling the honey is a surprisingly simple low tech but messy task. Continue reading
Saddleback caterpillars are comical looking but pack a powerful sting! Stay away from these as the sting is worse than a bee sting and the pain can last for days. Continue reading
Lavender Honey Ice Cream is sublime and easy to make with just a few ingredients. Try the recipe and enjoy this tasty ice cream alone or on top of peach cake for a great summer dessert. Continue reading