Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Web Site Badge
Ladew Topiary gardens
Blogs I Love!
- The Garden Diaries
- CAROLYN'S SHADE GARDENS
- Putney Farm
- Mason Bee Blog
- Potted Plant Society
- Garden Variety
- The Whistlepig Post
- WordPress.com News
- Monica Wants To Draw
- Arthur in the garden.
- The Mini Garden Guru - Your Miniature Garden Source
- 125,321 hits
Blogs I Follow
Search for a topic
Garden Bloggers Fling 2014
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Lavender Honey Ice Cream
- Miniature Gardens - Whimsical Creations
- Plant Geek Alert-Pink Zazzle Gomphrena
- Containers With Pizazz ! Not Your Ordinary Container!
- Top 12 Garden Trends for 2014
- Amistad-Salvia on Steroids
- Succulent Pumpkins for the Fall
- Luscious Honey-Scented Body Butter
- African Blue Basil
Great Garden Speakers
Some Pig Web
- Agastache Agency EA Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping Beeswax Berry cannas Christmas Christmas decorating Christmas Decorating at Hampton coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container gardening Cook desert terrariums drip irrigation edible flowers fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Fall color fall foliage Federated Garden Clubs fillers Flower Food Garden gardening Goat cheese Halloween Hampton Mansion Hampton National Historic Site heart space hellebores deer resistant Heuchera Holiday Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Horticulture indoor gardening Labyrinth landscaping miniature gardens mood moss Olive oil Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Philadelphia Flower Show Plant planting terrarium pollinators Queen bee Red Room seasonal containers Seed Shopping Shrub Soil spillers succulents Sweet potato terrarium plants terrariums thrillers Tomato Tree United States Vincent van Gogh Volunteers at the White House Wreath
Member Garden Writers Association
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Author Archives: Claire Jones
Lavender Honey Ice Cream is sublime and easy to make with just a few ingredients. Try the recipe and enjoy this tasty ice cream alone or on top of peach cake for a great summer dessert. Continue reading
Without the presence of Milkweed, Monarch would be extinct. We need to plant and preserve the Milkweed population so that there are plenty of nectar sources for this keystone species. Continue reading
Growing lavender has just gotten easier with a new variety called ‘Phenomenal’. Tolerant of the heat and humidity that is an enemy to most lavenders, Phenomenal sails through these problems and thrives. Continue reading
Interest in edible blossoms ties in with the larger trend of new energy foods, going organic, and local and sustainable gardening. Learn how to use and what to use from your garden at your next meal. Continue reading
Why are monarch butterflies declining? There are lots of reasons, but the main one is loss of habitat of the common milkweed plant that used to grow everywhere. Learn how to set up your own Monarch Waystation habitat to help stem the decline of these beautiful and valuable butterflies. Continue reading