Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
Northwest Flower & Garden Show
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Web Site Badge
Ladew Topiary gardens
- Centerpiece Ideas for Thanksgiving
- Crimson Poppies at The Tower of London
- Autumn’s Colors
- Plant Oddity – Pumpkin On A Stick
- Gourdzilla!! Giant Pumpkin Shenanigans
- Pumpkin Eye Candy
- Fall Pod Basket-Everlasting Decoration
- Tragic, Moving, and Beautiful – Flight 93 Memorial
- Pumpkin Treats-Decorating with Succulents
- Spinning Honey
Blogs I Love!
- 138,334 hits
Blogs I Follow
Search for a topic
Toronto Garden Blogger’s Fling
Garden Bloggers Fling 2014
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Centerpiece Ideas for Thanksgiving
- A Deluge of Boxwood -The Ultimate Green for Christmas
- Top 12 Garden Trends for 2014
- Fairytale Christmas
- Swarming of the Bees - It is That Time of Year Again!
- African Blue Basil
- Miniature Gardens - Whimsical Creations
- Luscious Honey-Scented Body Butter
Great Garden Speakers
Some Pig Web
- Agastache Agency EA Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping Beeswax Berry cannas Christmas Christmas decorating coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container gardening Cook decorating with succulents drip irrigation edible flowers extracting honey fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Fall color fall foliage fillers Flower Food Garden gardening Goat cheese Halloween Hampton National Historic Site heart space hellebores deer resistant Heuchera Holiday Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Horticulture indoor gardening Labyrinth landscaping miniature gardens Olive oil Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Philadelphia Flower Show Plant pollinators Pumpkin Queen bee Red Room seasonal containers Seed Shopping Shrub Soil spillers succulent Succulent plant succulents Sweet potato terrariums Thanksgiving thanksgiving centerpiece thrillers Tomato Tree United States Vincent van Gogh Volunteers at the White House Wreath
Member Garden Writers Association
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Author Archives: thegardendiaries
A sea of crimson poppies have been planted all summer in the moat at the Tower of London to commemorate all the British forces that died in WWI. Continue reading
Fall colors are beautiful if you plant the right perennials, trees and shrubs. Continue reading
Pumpkin On A Stick is an heirloom eggplant variety that looks like tiny orange pumpkins. They can be used for cooking or decorating. Continue reading
Growing titanic pumpkins or gourds is a competitive cut throat sport. As recently as 16 years ago, the heaviest (official) pumpkin weighed a mere 403 pounds. Now in 2014 the one ton mark has been surpassed! That is a lot of pumpkin. Continue reading
Create an everlasting harvest pod basket with assorted cones, pods, and dried botanicals to decorate your Thanksgiving table. Continue reading
Flight 93 Memorial located in Shanksville, PA is a work in progress to honor the sacrifice of 40 passengers who tried to stymie the efforts of the high jackers on their plane. Meadows, trees, and wetlands are being restored and planted to beautify the grounds. Continue reading