Garden Bloggers Hall of Fame
I am a 'down to earth' gardener with perpetually dirty fingernails. I own a whole wardrobe of well worn and comfortable gardening duds and I am a sucker for gardening gadgets galore! I love to blog about the gardening world, it's fads and trends and have personally killed most plants at least once. I am a gardening designer by profession but there is no rhyme or reason to my own garden. If I want a plant, I buy and stick it somewhere just because I 'need' it!
Gardening is my passion and I find it leads you to other interests, such as cooking, entertaining, decorating, and flower arranging. So, stay tuned!
Web Site Badge
Ladew Topiary gardens
- Lavender Fields Forever-Phenomenal!
- Eat Your Flowers!
- Monarch Way Station
- Cardinal Basil – Striking Beauty
- Edible Flower Palette
- Orange is the New Black
- Hummingbird or Butterfly? The Sphinx Moth is Unique
- Squash Birth Control- Squash Blossom Latkes
- Escape to Surreybrooke – A Destination Garden Center
- Hillside Makeover-Transforming an Ordinary Slope into a Waterfall Oasis
Blogs I Love!
- The Garden Diaries
- CAROLYN'S SHADE GARDENS
- Putney Farm
- Mason Bee Blog
- Potted Plant Society
- Garden Variety
- The Whistlepig Post
- WordPress.com News
- Monica Wants To Draw
- Arthur in the garden.
- The Mini Garden Guru - Your Miniature Garden Source
- 121,845 hits
September 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Blogs I Follow
Search for a topic
Garden Bloggers Fling 2014
Garden Blogger’s Fling 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- Broken Pot Garden- Home for a Gnome!
- Swarming of the Bees - It is That Time of Year Again!
- Miniature Gardens - Whimsical Creations
- Containers With Pizazz ! Not Your Ordinary Container!
- Plant Geek Alert-Pink Zazzle Gomphrena
- Top 12 Garden Trends for 2014
- African Blue Basil
- Lavender Fields Forever-Phenomenal!
- Outdoor Fairy Garden- Go Wild!
- From the Ground Up - Choosing the Right Ground Cover for Shade
Great Garden Speakers
Some Pig Web
- Agastache Agency EA Amaryllis artful containers Bee Beehive Beekeeper beekeeping Beeswax Berry cannas Christmas Christmas decorating Christmas Decorating at Hampton coleus Colony Collapse Disorder Container gardening Cook desert terrariums drip irrigation edible flowers fairy garden fairy garden furniture Fairy gardens Fall color fall foliage Federated Garden Clubs fillers Flower Food Garden gardening Goat cheese Halloween Hampton Mansion Hampton National Historic Site heart space hellebores deer resistant Heuchera Holiday Home Home and Garden honey Honey bee Horticulture indoor gardening Labyrinth landscaping miniature gardens mood moss Olive oil Pennsylvania Horticultural Society Philadelphia Flower Show Plant planting terrarium pollinators Queen bee Red Room seasonal containers Seed Shopping Shrub Soil spillers succulents Sweet potato terrarium plants terrariums thrillers Tomato Tree United States Vincent van Gogh Volunteers at the White House Wreath
Member Garden Writers Association
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Author Archives: Claire Jones
Growing lavender has just gotten easier with a new variety called ‘Phenomenal’. Tolerant of the heat and humidity that is an enemy to most lavenders, Phenomenal sails through these problems and thrives. Continue reading
Interest in edible blossoms ties in with the larger trend of new energy foods, going organic, and local and sustainable gardening. Learn how to use and what to use from your garden at your next meal. Continue reading
Why are monarch butterflies declining? There are lots of reasons, but the main one is loss of habitat of the common milkweed plant that used to grow everywhere. Learn how to set up your own Monarch Waystation habitat to help stem the decline of these beautiful and valuable butterflies. Continue reading
Cardinal Basil is an under utilized ornamental edible herb that is very easy to grow. Continue reading